Yellow Jackets

alex_hwmhs

• Members

Gday

Tried this in the amp forum without a heap of luck but anyway, I'm pretty keen on trying out a set of THD Yellow Jacket EL34 to EL84 for my DSL 50 watter and I've got a few questions I was hoping you blokes might be able to help me with,

Has anyone tried these before, possibly in this amp, what was your experience?

How difficult are they to install, what is involved (screwing wires to something im not much of tech ???)

How hard are they to uninstall if I want to go back to the EL34s, does the amp have to be rebiased?

What are some nice EL84 valves to chuck in and would it still be safe to use a Hotplate with the amp?

Thanks for all and any help

Alex :)

• Members

I have a set of 'em... Easy as pie to install- simply plug 'em into the tube slots. No wires to connect or any of that stuff. And, no, they don't need re-biasing. So, basically, it's exactly the same as plugging in a set of new tubes :cool:

I put a set of them in my trusty HRD (yes, I know, 18 guitars and only one amp- what can I say, I got a good one ) and they sound great- very ballsy and VOX-ish with earlier breakup. They make any class B amp into a class A rock monster :D

Archived