Shelby Cobra Guitar

• Members

yes I did. most Devin's were just fiberglass bodies put on homebuilt chasis, but there are a number of factory built devin specials floating around that just kill. My grandfather has a devin bodied roadster he built in the 60's to compete in hill climbs, that he's been meaning to restore for as long as I can remember. It was basically a devin body on a modified corvette frame. Back in the 60's it beat out a pair of Factory backed Cobras on a couple occasions.

• Members

Devin eh? How many world class races did they win?

Thats like sayinf Ferrais are over rated and that DeLoreans were the real deal.(Well not that bad but close.) Cool guitar though but. I'm sure it's price is obscene.

• Members

Since most Devins were "homebuilt" they weren't able to compete in the "world class" events like le mans. However, the few devins that are out there right now are kicking the {censored} out of all of the Ferrari's, Cobras, and other 60's racers at the vintage class races, like the ones the SCCA puts together.

• Members

Yeah but you can't really compare the two because the big manufacturers had to adhere to build regulations.

I'm sure you could build a kit car that would outperform just about anything around(it's all about power/weight) but that doesn't mean it's better than a new Vette.

Cool guitar though.

Archived