Warmoth Stratocaster necks !

• Members

I've been looking at them and trying to figure out whether or not to go with the 'pro' modern style with the dual truss rod and side fine adjust, or the vintage modern with the standard truss rod.

Seems like with the dual you could maybe align the neck a little better?

Any users or experience here ? :confused:

• Members

Well, "vintage" isn't really "vintage", since it's used in just about every guitar imaginable. It's still works. Dual truss rods are nifty though, and require less maintenance once setup. So if you don't mind the extra cost, or are interested in some of the extra options Warmoth "modern" has (like 24 frets) then get it :D

The only real downside is that you can't get a full maple neck.

• Members

I put a Warmoth Construction neck on a guitar once and hated it. The mass of all that trussrod makes the neck so heavy, and it made the guitar sound like a piece of metal.

I took the neck off in a matter of weeks. I replaced it with a neck built to my specs by Tommy Rosamond at USA Custom Guitars, and I tell you... once you've had a USACG neck, there's no going back to anything else.

• Members

I have a warmoth construction with the side truss adjuster! It sounds great! I aslo have a vintage modern srv back that is just sick! I don't know how anybody can not like these. The necks that I have got from warmoth are excellent quality. Both truss rods work perfectly.
:p

• Members
Originally posted by Simon Garlick

I put a Warmoth Construction neck on a guitar once and hated it. The mass of all that trussrod makes the neck so heavy, and it made the guitar sound like a piece of metal.

I took the neck off in a matter of weeks. I replaced it with a neck built to my specs by Tommy Rosamond at USA Custom Guitars, and I tell you... once you've had a USACG neck, there's no going back to anything else.

• Members
Originally posted by platpyus59

I have a warmoth construction with the side truss adjuster! It sounds great! I aslo have a vintage modern srv back that is just sick! I don't know how anybody can not like these. The necks that I have got from warmoth are excellent quality. Both truss rods work perfectly.

:p

I've got two Warmoth necks. Both have the dual action truss rod. One of them has the side adjust, but the other one I bought before that was an option.

Neither sounds like metal, both are very lively, and neither guitar is neck heavy.

Archived