Jumpin' Jesus on a Pogo Stick - look what $900 bought me!!! (high res pictures)

• Members

Brand spankin' new GMP Pawnshop Classic Deluxe from their custom shop. I'll let the picks speak for themselves - I can say with all certainty that I have never felt a guitar built this well. It has raised my level of expectations 10 fold.

gmpbody.jpg

gmpheadstock.jpg

gmpfront.jpg

gmpback.jpg

gmptag.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Pete Rules

Goddamn dude, where can you get those for $900???

They just had a clearance sale of a bunch of brand new guitars. There's a thread on another site that claims that they're going out of business but I have no idea if that's true. I sure hope it's not. I really like their guitars.

• Members

Originally posted by Jim_Soloway

They just had a clearance sale of a bunch of brand new guitars. There's a thread on another site that claims that they're going out of business but I have no idea if that's true. I sure hope it's not. I really like their guitars.

I've heard similar rumors.

• Members

They did but they all went so fast. I was fortunate enough to get one of the guitars they made for NAMM 2005 - I think only 2 of the 10 auctioned off were. This was one that went for the low, low price of $500.

79_1_b.JPG

One other cool thing I discovered was that the author of the listing for the GMP I won made a typo. It was advertized as a Pawnshop Classic Standard when it was in fact a Pawnshop Classic Deluxe.

One thing that isn't picking up well in the photos is that the pickup rings, knobs, pickup selector switch, etc are all chrome plated. No white or cream plastic anywhere.

• Members

thats too bad, GMP has a really nice shape. i remember seeing an ad for one in a magazine way back. it was black les paul with a bigsby. that was hot. and some bad ass dude in leather was standing next to it.

so you know had to have been bad ass too.

Archived