Why not a variax PRS?

flavormaus

• Members

The knock I've heard ( and felt for myself) on the Line 6 Variax is that while it sounds good, it doesn't feel good.

So, if PRS wants to get into the low end of guitars with the SE, why a deal with Line 6 to outfit and SE model with Variax electronics?

Just an idea.

• Members

when I see pix of gaudy dragons and hawks inlaid into a perfectly good guitar, or a blazing yellow Corvette version, I wonder: "What IS it that they are about, exactly?"

But (back to agreeing with you) those are just appointments that don't affect the sound, so I get your point.

• Members

So, if PRS wants to get into the low end of guitars with the SE

I bought a PRS SE, I don't consider it a low end guitar. It has better playablilty than my Les Paul, or my MIA strat. While it is at the low end price wise of the PRS line It still has Quality you cant get on most other brands

when I see pix of gaudy dragons and hawks inlaid into a perfectly good guitar, or a blazing yellow Corvette version, I wonder: "What IS it that they are about, exactly?"

Just like any other company, They are about giving customers what they want. As long as there are Punk or goth Kids out there wanting Batwing, and flat black guitars or camoflauge colored, they would be a fool not to produce it. as long as it maintains the PRS Playability.

No, I dont work for PRS, But I do appreciate a good guitar.

• Members

there was a thread on this forum a few weeks ago showing some dude throwing variax guts into a pretty damn nice guitar. There's no reason to not purchase a variax, gut it, make a template, router it into any nice body, throw a good neck on it, and be one happy camper with 60 some odd guitars built into one.

Plus with that "workstation" ssoftware now available, the variax is actually starting to look sort of appealing to me. Once I move in with my woman I might grab one to eliminate the mess of guitars I have at the moment, but still be able to keep my aural variety.

• Members

Originally posted by PaulSter

I don't know but it strikes me that modeling circuitry goes against everything PRS is about.

I would not expect to ever see a merger like that--nor would I want to.

Just my .02 though...
:D

PaulS

;) ;) ;)

;) ;)

;)

+ ~

• Members

Originally posted by nasum

there was a thread on this forum a few weeks ago showing some dude throwing variax guts into a pretty damn nice guitar.

Here's that thread - about 3/4 down the page there is a PRS look alike with the Variax electronics.

PRS/Variax

I've been using the Variax onstage for almost 2 years now - it's an amazing instrument.

It's a 500 - I think it plays just fine as is - but I would like some eye candy....:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Norcal_GIT_r

I beleive theres some Line6 technology being used in the PRS piezo systems.

LR Baggs was around before the Variax, damn they were around before Line6 existed, so you are wrong.

Archived