Question about 50th Anniversary Strats

Teletwister

• Members

I'm trying to find out some info on the 50th Anniversary Strats. I found a used MIA strat from '04 that has the 50th Anniversary neckplat on the back. Does this mean it's a 50th ann. model or did all the '04 MIA models come with that backplate. Also this one is black, I thought all the 50th anniv. models were the sunburst color? Thanks for the help.

Oh, I could pick it up for $710. If it's not a 50 anniversary model, then that price isn't really considered that good for a regular MIA is it?

• Members

All of the Strats built in '04 have the commemorative neckplate. That guitar is not an official 50th anniversary model, though it was made in '04.

Still, if it's all original and you keep it that way, it will appreciate and the neckplate may make it a little more sought after down the road.

~Blackbelt

• Members

Originally posted by floborg

That price is ridiculous. If you had bought it last summer, you could have got it new for $610.

That's what I thought. It is hard to find good used stuff in my area for a good price. If I'm paying that much I might as well get a new one for $100 more. They had it originally marked at $800 and I got them down to $700. This is at a GC. I thought for sure I could get them down to $650 at least. weird....

• Members
Originally posted by floborg

That price is ridiculous. If you had bought it last summer, you could have got it new for $610.

Not the MIA you couldn't. There are also two 50th Anniversary Strats that are MIMs that are around $699 (MF currently has the gold one on sale for $599). Maybe you're confusing them.

I'm telling you, that guitar (the MIA 50th) is a fantastic investment instrument. Where is this store? Heck for $710 if it's MIA and spotless I'll pick it up.

:D

~Blackbelt

• Members

Well, after reading your other posts, Blackbelt 1, and finding more info, the guitar I'm talking about it just a plain jane '04 MIA, and not a 50th anniversary model. So no ash body, custom 54 PUs, etc. That being said, do you still think that $710 is a good price? Do you think I could get them lower than that??

• Members

I'm assuming for $710 you also get the HSC. Fender MIA Strats all have the HSC at no additional fee, so make sure you get the case too. Don't let them tell you it's separate.

Since it's black and an American Series, I'm assuming it's got a white pickguard?

I still think that's a good price...never hurts to see how far you can push it but if they hold firm at $710 I think that's a good deal, considering new ones run about $900 now.

~Blackbelt

• Members

The "real" 50th anniversary has 2 tone sunburst(no other color), Maple neck, 50 anni neck plate, Tweed case that also has 50th logo, case goodies such as strap and cable.

You can pick these up at your Some local store new. Matter fact Fender is still making them right now. How is this possible you ask? becasue 2004 was not the only year they made 50th anni, it;s the only year they took order of 50th. So many dealers such as Musicians friend and guitar center order thousands of them toward end of the year to which Fender is still trying to fulfill.

Oh, yes they are great guitars

Archived