here's what im looking for maybe you can help.

GuitarDude

• Members

I'm in the market for a new guitar. I truely am torn between humbucker and single coil. Right now I have a Martin electric from 1979. The guitar sounds pretty good, but the neck is very very large, so its hard to really get moving on there. So I do have a humbucker guitar, just not exactly what I want.

I dig hendrix single coil tones. But this guitar is going to be my main guitar, using it for everything. So i need to be able to get serious humbucker tones out of it. So i would like something with coil splitters or something.

I love tele style guitars, especially modded ones. I think I'm looking for a HSH style guitar, with the ability to split the coils and maybe phase inverter or something like that. I looked at Carvin, they seemed to do HH teles, but not HSH. Maybe they do, I don't know. I have seen Tom Andersons, but that is out of my price range. If that is the best I can find, then I will just wait for it. Man that sucks even to say.

Does anyone know where I can find this, or something like it?

Thanks fellas

-Stew

• Members

Carvin can do what you want. Give them a call. I haven't talked to them in a long time. I used to have a couple of friends that worked there. I have read some reviews that indicate you might get someone on the phone who acts like they could care less or you might get someone who will really try to meet your needs.

I guess you could just call back if you get a loser to start with. Even though I don't own one now, I think the Carvins are one of the best values out there.

• Members

Carvin builds excellent guitars for the money. I've bought one Carvin built to order (black V220) and although it took a bit longer than they said it would, it was well worth the wait.

Stupid me, I sold it a few years later - wish I still had it.

:mad:

~Blackbelt

• Members

You'll probably hate it but This is a TELE style custom boutique quality guitar for a good price.

You said:

I love tele style guitars, especially modded ones.

This guitar has:

Exceptional classic "tele" tones plus the modern tones players have been customizing their guitars to get. Modified for comfort, tone, outstanding playability and expression. U.S. Masters 4 coil wiring, 5-way selector and unique tone control provide a broad range of authentic, useful, high quality voicings for the recording and/or touring professional.

US Masters

Read the reviews on there ... these are high quality professional guitars.

Also on that page are many other boutique quality guitars that you can customize with all kinds of possible tones and pickup combinations. Excellent customer service too.

• Members

Originally posted by jmcgarey

You'll probably hate it but
is a TELE style custom boutique quality guitar for a good price.

You said:

This guitar has:

Read the reviews on there ... these are high quality professional guitars.

Also on that page are many other boutique quality guitars that you can customize with all kinds of possible tones and pickup combinations. Excellent customer service too.

ohhh I do hate that because I like it. Darn you. Now I'll have to choose. Thanks!

Archived