humbucker question

musicofthemind9

• Members

what would a burstbucker #2 sound like in the bridge of a strat? would it sound good with a 500k volume pot? will it get some smooth les paul sounds or will it still sound really straty? if you dont understand what i mean please ask a valid question, not "what do you mean", that really doesnt help. thanx.

• Members

Can't add to the description of the tone, I haven't played any of the BB's long enough to have an opinion. But without even hearing the PU, I would say the guiatr will still sound like a Strat, it takes more than the pickup to change that. I've heard planty of Strats with PAF's, '59's, Pearly Gates (Alnico II and V) and they don't sound like LP's. They do generally sound very fat and rockin' though.

-Y.

• Members

i stuck it in this cheap little guy in both positions just to see how it sounded. sound bad. i have a classic 57 in the neck and rio grande texas in the bridge. thats how a guitar is supposed to sound.

When i compare it to these two other pick ups, i arrive at the conclusion that it has very muddy bass, and not much at that. non existant mids and lots of treble. It can be good if you have a set up that calls for that.

under distortion(classic 30 at the time) you can get away with a decent rock sound. very raw around the edges. but clean, i was pissed off. i was hoping it was gonna be great. waste of 100 dollars.
AS73BS-3f6bf86d0f8c5b919d55f52bbf35beaf.

Archived