New Strat 12 String Guitars

desertlimosine

• Members

I tried one out, a Lake Placid blue one. Very nice. It played very well, action was good, sounded just like you would imagine a 12-string strat to sound. It's definitely on my short list, I probably might have to bump it up the list because they never make these for very long.

• Members
Originally posted by miked58

My main complaint is the narrow neck
:mad:
:mad:

Didn't feel that bad to me. The specs say it is the same as a Rick 360/12, which I guess is pretty damn narrow.

This is another one I've been looking at, it has a wider nut width.

http://www.italiaguitars.com/guitarDetail_outer.php?thisGuitarId=18

Ugly as sin. It's awesome.

• Members

wow, that italia 12 string is awesome!

Yeah, i've always wanted to pick up a 12 string.. And i've been really getting into my start copy guitar... And those fender 12 strings are looking tempting as hell! I'll have to find a store that has them and test them out.

• Members

Originally posted by keNz

Just searched musiciansfriend for it and look what finally hit the market...

I guess the US got them earlier... they're fairly new here still, the 12s.

Yeah, i saw those shoes on ebay. For somereason, I picture Satriani playing an Ibanezx while wearing those, (I would say Steve Vai, but i see him as a barefoot hippy type, or at a pinch pointy cowboy boots). Not the sort of show that would spring to mind at all when i think Fender.

Actually, if i was going to pick a show style for the Fender brand, I'd be thinking much more along the lines of PF Flyer / Converse styles. Would make a lot more sense along side the Tshirts and bowling shirts in their clothing line, IMHO.

Archived