Good schools for music industry/management?

2pacHendrix

• Members

The University of Colorado Denver offers a degree in Music Industry Studies. Within the degree program, they offer a concentration in Music Business. A close friend successfully landed a job with the William Morris Agency after graduating from this program.

With a degree as from this University, you have a chance to get a job in the industry.

• Members

The University of Colorado Denver offers a degree in Music Industry Studies. Within the degree program, they offer a concentration in Music Business. A close friend successfully landed a job with the William Morris Agency after graduating from this program.

Nice, this is a viable option. I live in KS, so i would still have to pay out of state tuition but i may actually have a chance to transfer there and get a tour. the other schools are expensive. I have a tour with the University of Minnesota in Mankato since im going to visit my uncle in in Minneapolis next month, but im still looking.

Thank you guys for all the recommendations!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Nice, this is a viable option. I live in KS, so i would still have to pay out of state tuition but i may actually have a chance to transfer there and get a tour. the other schools are expensive. I have a tour with the University of Minnesota in Mankato since im going to visit my uncle in in Minneapolis next month, but im still looking.

Thank you guys for all the recommendations!

Sorry to take so long to reply, I forgot I had posted in this thread. You would only have to pay out of state tuition for the first year if you change your residence once you move to CO to begin school. After you've been a resident for a year, you get the in-state rate. I think UCD is a pretty good school. I'm currently getting my master's degree there, but not in music.

Having also grown up in Kansas, I can say the best thing I ever did for myself was moving to CO.

• Members

Hey guys, I am currently attending K-State and they do not offer a program for any music business courses. So I am looking to transfer next semester or next year, but I am having a hard time figuring out which college I should choose. Of the ones I've researched, the most realistic is between MTSU and Minnesota State University-Mankato. I've also looked at Augsburg, NYU/SUNY, Drexel and Columbia College in Chicago, but all of those are a bit too pricey and exclusive. So my plan is to try and get a scholarship this semester so I can make a good chance for transferring, but I want to make sure I chose the right school and not transfer again. So in your guys' experience, what school do you think has the best music business program and offers knowledgeable insight to the industry?

BELMONT in Nashville. Most of the label executives in town went there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

BELMONT in Nashville. Most of the label executives in town went there.

I'm not big on Belmount, it's a private institution and really exclusive. Also, i think I read somehwere the are mandatory weekly sermons? Yeah no not my thing, Nashivlle would be a great way to get experience in the music industry though... but I think right now I'm gonna apply for UCD and if I don't get in I may just stay at KSU and minor in music. Thanks for the replies everybody!

Archived