My first pointy guitar - Jackson JTX

XXX

• Members

well never say never , I have over 50 guitars and once said I would never own a pointy guitar but this one just appealed to me

:D These were made in Japan , supposed not very many were made only for one year .

I still am toying with the idea of putting a tele headstock neck on it though .

RotationofDSC00593.jpg

• Members

He's right, it's not that pointy. The headstock could take someone's head off (not that's a bad thing) but apart from the Floyd it doesn't scream pointy metal guitar thingy to me. I guess if you're a tele guy it'd be an upgrade in the pointyness scale.

Very smooth looking guitar but. Reminds of Mazi Bee's tele thingy he puts up regularly.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitarPorter

its pointy! and the neck is thinner than a wizard II neck , its a major shredder neck .

no, this is pointy:

NJFR_BEAST1.jpg

:D

Neck sounds cool though, but i do not like that body.... it's like a JEM and a Tele and a strat and something else got thrown in a pot :)

• Members
Originally posted by TheDarxide

no, this is pointy:

NJFR_BEAST1.jpg

:D

Neck sounds cool though, but i do not like that body.... it's like a JEM and a Tele and a strat and something else got thrown in a pot
:)

Its the body I like , I hate the neck , thats why I said Im gonna put a tele neck on it .

• Members

Originally posted by unistudent1980

That's so sharp & pointy the should of called it "Gillete".

heh, it took a few weeks to get used to playing it sitting down, initially i slung the crotch over my thigh, but now it's okay, the callouses have built up :D

Archived