Deal of the week?

Boinker

• Members

Hard to imagine it's the 'real deal', especially at that price... If so he could have sold it instantly in his local market..

Before I would purchase something like that I'd have an expert pull the neck and pickguard and verify that it was as advertised.

If so I'd give him $3,400 cash without blinking an eye. :D

• Members
Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

Hard to imagine it's the 'real deal', especially at that price... If so he could have sold it instantly in his local market..

Before I would purchase something like that I'd have an expert pull the neck and pickguard and verify that it was as advertised.

If so I'd give him $3,400 cash without blinking an eye.
:D

Yeah, the scammers are everywhere. He writes like he's not the sharpest pencil in the box, but he might just be playing ignorant.

It might be a Frankenstrat, a refin, or a beater. You'd also need to check the electronics, pot codes, and solder joints, among other things that he failed to address, just for starters.

• Members

My math teach in elementary school/guitar teacher in high school scored a Gretsch once out of the newspaper, an orange Chet Atkins, with cowboy inlays (barbed wire, steer skulls, etc)... it was spelled wrong, the woman's husband had passed away years before and she was asking for 300 bucks. He told her it was worth more and she said as long as someone got good use out of it, she didn't mind.

Archived