Epiphone Ripper

jos

• Members

Hi. I posted this on the Bass Forum, but thought I"d post it here too, just in case someone knows the answer to my question.

I am a guitarist who recently bought a used 1998 Epiphone Ripper in order to learn bass. (I bought it because I wanted a very booming, bass-y bass, plus it was cheap.) The Ripper has a strange thing going on with its pickguard, but I'm not sure if it's a defect or part of the design. (Epiphone's customer service has not been able to clear things up.)

The pickguard is bowed near the bridge. It curves up and lifts off the body at the bottom. Several of the user reviews on Harmony Central mention this same thing, but I can't tell if it's part of the design, a common defect for this model, or just a defect in mine.

Anyone have or had a Ripper? Does it have this same quirk? Anyone know if it's intentional or not?

The reason I'm asking is I may trade up and sell it later, so I'd like to know if a buyer asks me about it. Thanks.

• Members

its a copy of the gibby, yeah, and very decent for the money...

i've only played one, and the pcikguard was fine, as you'd expect it to be... got any pics? how much does it lift?

Archived