opinions.... Buy or Build .... Strat

JcKerr

• Members

Hey, I want a strat... i have a crappie epiphone strat copy.. that's a plywood pos... i'm either gonna buy a strat or build one opinions... which should i do and why... for pickups i can't decide on either texas specials or maybe p-90's if a build it... also anyone know where to get p-90 size pickguard for strat or do you just use HH style with hum size p-90's? thanks for the help

• Members

Put me down as a vote for buying, not building. You can buy and sell a lot of Strats until you find all of the qualities (neck shape, fingerboard radius, pickups, swiching, brdges, etc.) that you like, and then, if no one maufactures a guitar that has all those qualities, you can build your own.
That's the way I see it, anyway.

(And that is, if you're not already famous and have the manufacturers wanting to build a signature model for you).

• Members

if you don't have some extra money, buy a strat then upgrade it.

i believe Warmoth makes custom pick guard for all kinds of pu configurations.

most strat out there will have enough room routed for P-90's, except the japaneses ones and the USA ones that might have vintage routing.

• Members
Originally posted by Highway_61

Hey, VC, your sig has changed. Does this mean that you sold that 119K automobile? If so, congratulations.

I wish! I usually get a hit or two each week on it, but no serious buyers. It's priced pretty high even for a Ferrari so I don't think my boss is really that anxious to part with it yet. I am predicting a serious price cut when the Ford GT arrives though...:o

:D :D :D

Archived