All right - I'll say it

jjpistols

• Members

ClearTone Strings have proven to be the real deal for me.

No breakage issues like a few others reported. No corrosion, they stay fresh longer. After settling in, they sound great. They were almost harsh at first, a day or so got rid of that.

These would be perfect for a studio guitar, they seem to sound consistent from day to day. I still think it's more than I would want to spend on a stage guitar, since I change strings every 2 shows on those.

They sound fine, they feel great, and they haven't turned black after a couple of months now. Used it at several practices, so they would get the full on filth/sweat/hard picking attack - held up fine.

Thanks for the strings, ClearTone! They are the first coated string I liked.

BTW, I didn't just register here so I could say this. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

ClearTone Strings have proven to be the real deal for me.

No breakage issues like a few others reported. No corrosion, they stay fresh longer. After settling in, they sound great. They were almost harsh at first, a day or so got rid of that.

These would be perfect for a studio guitar, they seem to sound consistent from day to day. I still think it's more than I would want to spend on a stage guitar, since I change strings every 2 shows on those.

They sound fine, they feel great, and they haven't turned black after a couple of months now. Used it at several practices, so they would get the full on filth/sweat/hard picking attack - held up fine.

Thanks for the strings, ClearTone! They are the first coated string I liked.

BTW, I didn't just register here so I could say this.
;)

JJ, what guitar/setup did you put them on? HBs, SCs, or P-90s?

Inquiring minds...

• Members
Originally posted by DRPool

JJ, what guitar/setup did you put them on? HBs, SCs, or P-90s?

Inquiring minds...

Hardtail Strat with a single bridge Dan Armstrong humbucker - here it is before the ClearTones (yes, as far as I know, ClearTone does include an A string in all their packs :D )

strat1fix.jpg

• Members

JJ Pistols=Undercover Cleartone agent???

So you really like 'em? I remember I tried Elixers before, and long story short they didn't last very long and they didn't feel right... I would give cleartone a try, but they don't have a set even close to what I use...

• Members

I don't like Elixer at all. This feel like regular strings, maybe a touch slick (but I like the burnished nickel GHS and they kind of remind me of those)

I don't think I could be an undercover anything, though, I'm not sneaky enough :D

They didn't change my life or anything, but they do feel normal, sound good, and hold up for a long time, which is what they claim. I usually change strings very often, and these are still going. I'll keep them on as long as they last, and let everyone know when they finally are shot.

• Members

Jesus {censored}ing christ.

I need to not be on these forums.

I feel asleep for a few hours. I just woke up from dreaming that I had to fight JJ's daddy and we both had super powers except his dad lost his powers when driven closer to space and the sun. I soundly defeated him and he promised to be good and then we discussed JJ's candidacy for president.

I am not making this up. No more eating and surfing before sleep!

:eek:

• Members
Originally posted by Shocker

I think I would trust this more if you were a regular poster.
:o

//S

I would trust this more if he wasn't a regular poster...hell, we all know he is nuts :rolleyes::D

IIRC, VanR and a few other forum regulars recieved sets too..though, JJs been the only one posting updates that I have seen. Has anyone been motivated to grab a few sets? I was thinking about a set of some longlife strings for an acoustic that I almost never play.

Archived