How do I remove tarnish on my LP's pup's

Jkater

• Members

A strange thing happened to my pick-ups while they were in a container for six weeks. The guitar seems to have been put face down and the side of the pick-ups are tarnished on a good 1/4 inch but not the area under the string. It looks very ugly and I can't explain what happened there. My guess is that the cloth covering it made full and strong contact on it for that long. Anyway, my question to you is how can I get rid of this (my bridge is also tarnished the same way. It,s nickel hardware.

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by Jkater

A strange thing happened to my pick-ups while they were in a container for six weeks. The guitar seems to have been put face down and the side of the pick-ups are tarnished on a good 1/4 inch but not the area under the string. It looks very ugly and I can't explain what happened there. My guess is that the cloth covering it made full and strong contact on it for that long. Anyway, my question to you is how can I get rid of this (my bridge is also tarnished the same way. It,s nickel hardware.

Thanks.

you need paris hilton

• Members

Originally posted by Europa760

you need paris hilton

I don't get that one.

I'm a little curious to know what might have caused this. The reason I think the guitar was put face down is when I opened the case it was up, away from the bottom of the case. So it is likely that the face of the guitar was pressured rather strongly and for that while against the cloth and case.

I guess I"ll try the aluminium foil idea.

Archived