FYI: For you Keith Urban fans

hardtdc

• Members

I posted this in GJ as well. The Crossroads special with him and John Fogarty is on at 8:00 tonight on CMT. At 9:00, they are rebroadcasting an outdoor concert he did this past spring at Daytona Beach. I saw both and they were both pretty good, but the Daytona Beach concert was very, very good. FYI

• Members

Thanks for the info....I am not a country music fan, but I enjoy watching Keith Urban play the guitar. I can pass on John Fogerty, I never thought much of him anyway, but I saw that episode of crossroads and Keith's guitar playing is worth seeing.

• Members

Originally posted by hardtdc

I posted this in GJ as well. The Crossroads special with him and John Fogarty is on at 8:00 tonight on CMT. At 9:00, they are rebroadcasting an outdoor concert he did this past spring at Daytona Beach. I saw both and they were both pretty good, but the Daytona Beach concert was very, very good. FYI

thank you!

• Members
Originally posted by fretmonster

Wow, and I was just gonna say I'll tune in for Fogerty. The man behind all that great Credence stuff, are you kiddin me?

Grats for the heads up.
:cool:

To each his own I guess. I just never cared for John's voice at all. Just grated on me like finger nails on a chalkboard. Lots of his songs were great, but I would have rathered someone else sing them.

• Members

Originally posted by IdaCrue

To each his own I guess. I just never cared for John's voice at all. Just grated on me like finger nails on a chalkboard. Lots of his songs were great, but I would have rathered someone else sing them.

WOW! In my opinion, his voice is a large part of the magic to his music. John Fogerty used his voice like another instrument. Take away that voice and you loose a significant part of the arrangement, and thus, the song.

I guess to each his own.

• Members

Originally posted by Rusty G.

WOW! In my opinion, his voice is a large part of the magic to his music. John Fogerty used his voice like another instrument. Take away that voice and you loose a significant part of the arrangement, and thus, the song.

+1

"Lodi" is a great example.

Archived