Soundelux ifet7

• Members

Here there Phil! This is that pesky Stephen Pruitt. . . now able to bother you here on Harmony Central.

Back in late July, before the archiving, one of your posters asked a question about the Soundelux ifet7. While my experience is, of course, quite limited, I would like to state that I love the sound of that microphone. . . especially in the "V" mode for my voice (which isn't a very good voice, at that). I have not found the "i" mode to be overly bright at all (which apparently was a concern of some).

I consider the money spent for the ifet7 very well spent, indeed. (Granted, I got a very good buy. . . $1400 brand new. . . but it would still have been a great mike at $1900 new.)

Anyway, thems be the goods from my perspective.

Good luck with the new forum, Phil.

Steve

• Members

Hi there, Chris. . . it was, indeed, your earlier MP post to which I replied above.

Perhaps due to complete inexperience on my part(and perhaps combined with my horrible room), I mike my acoustic guitar very differently than most people. What I do is place the mic about 3 to 4 inches off the neck (5th fret). The ifet7, set on "v" mode gives me what I consider to be a really great sound at that point. It renders sparkling highs (which is what I crave). (Aside: I never strum the acoustic, only doing very quiet, mellow finger picking.) Honestly, I love that microphone. In a lot of circumstances, I way prefer it over my Manley Gold. It is an ugly devil, but I can't argue with the sound at all. I'm glad I bought it, as the sound and flexibility are wonderful.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Archived