Got my modded Squier 51 together...

AndyZ

• Members

I added a '91 Tele American Std Rosewood neck. The neck is great, but I may opt to sell it and get a Tele rosewood neck that is a bit chunkier.

I already have GFS pickups and am familiar them, so I got the Tele Fatboy for the neck and the Liverpool for the bridge. They sound great! I was gonna put my Duncan Antiquity Humbucker in, but the bracket is squared off and I didn't want to route that area of the humbucker cavity just yet. The GFS still sound snappy with the bright basswood body. The Tele neck pup still has some twang, but it is a bit beefier. The overall wight is fairly light. SHould be easy to stand a bit while playing it.

I'm also still waiting to get a push/pull tone pot, but for now it's just the regular tone pot. I've got a dual concentric pot for the volumes for each pup, and I have a mini on-on-on switch between the pots for the pup selector. Still got one tiny wiring issue I'm working out though...

Here's a couple of quick pics till I can take some better ones. The light reflection and contrast doesn't really show off the pups and controls.

squier51-az-front-1.jpg

squier51-az-close.jpg

• Members

Thanks! I thought chrome, but it may be too much. Maybe if I get a silver/black sparkle guard I might change it up. Dunno, but the white guard is staring to grow on me. I hated it at first.

I have the vintage. I think it's output is around 9.5k according to Jay at GFS if I remember correctly. The overwound is around 13.5k. I didn't want to over power the neck pup, which by the way sounds killer! Highly recommend that one for any one looking for a Tele neck pup with more beef.

• Members

I agree g0lp. Much more classic look. It's amazing how much tweaking and adjusting is needed for the body related changes. The neck just snapped right into place. Everything else was a slight adjustment.

Archived