fender licenced floyd question.

maiden_fan

• Members

Licensed Floyd Rose whammy bars aren't bad. He says he's got .008's on it. Usually they're set up for .009 sets. It doesn't matter much which side of .009 you go. Using .010 sets does'nt change much either although I would go with .009's for a while to see if there was any thing strange happening to the level of the vibrola arm. Changeing them out for something else is a bit tough to do because the cavities that had to be dug out are done. It seems a lot of wood needs to be removed to create a swimming pool for the tail-piece to sit in. Once a guitar has had a Floyd Rose installed,...that's it. Some of them require no routing for Gibson stop posts but they are discontinued and rare.

I like Floyd Rose's so far. No major problems yet. It's just that when you break a string, all the other strings go out of tune so, you must have a back up guitar for gigs.

Kahlers are better and they came on Fender Strats as well.

• Members

I like Floyd Rose's so far. No major problems yet. It's just that when you break a string, all the other strings go out of tune so, you must have a back up guitar for gigs.

Kahlers are better and they came on Fender Strats as well.

I'm pretty sure that that's not a Floyd of any kind, but some Fender designed, Floyd "alternative", like the .

Anyways, the string breaking problem is only a concern for those who have their Floyds floating. For those who prefer the EVH setup (no recess, resting against the body and will only lower pitch), that's not a problem. And, IIRC, aside from a few models, most Fender's with Floyds are set up to lower pitch only.

Kahler's being better is arguable, as it depends on the model and a person's preference. I have a Kahler 2300 and there are some parts I like about it, like being able to palm mute without moving the bridge, but there are also things that I don't like about it, like how the spring tension is adjusted (the one I have has broken two of the adjuster screws since I got it), and how it's quite difficult to block it to lower pitch only.

Archived