Heeeellllpppp!!!!

• Members

Using MAGIX? I remember seeing that in Best Buy sometime long ago...

it's not popular software around here or around other recording forums I don't think. Try googling it. Not many people use MAGIX, especially if they are in the business for recording semi-professionally or better.

If you want good software, click to http://www.kreatives.org/ and download Kristal. Free software, excellent recording engine, with some of the best damn effects I've heard on a software ever.

edit : online tech support as well. You can't lose.

• Members

Magix is the Samplitude guys - serious high end stuff. I bought an ultra-cheap Magix video editor, and was amazed at the quality of audio features they threw in.

While I don't have this particular one, I suspect it will probably be superior to Kristal, and should be an excellent introduction to recording. Especially if it supports VST plugins, which from memory it does.

Does their site have any links to tutorials? www.magix.com

• Members

Originally posted by Kiwiburger

Magix is the Samplitude guys - serious high end stuff. I bought an ultra-cheap Magix video editor, and was amazed at the quality of audio features they threw in.

While I don't have this particular one, I suspect it will probably be superior to Kristal, and should be an excellent introduction to recording. Especially if it supports VST plugins, which from memory it does.

Does their site have any links to tutorials?
www.magix.com

Well, I guess Kiwi uses it.... :p

but usually if I see something audio-related in Best Buy (casio keyboards, washburn starter packs, budget A-T headphones) I usually think it's aimed more at consumer types rather than professionals.

That being said, I can't remember what it was called, but it was Creative Audio Editor or something along those lines, I was thinking of picking it up, but never got around to it. Hey, it said it had lossless noise reduction. How could I resist?

• Members

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, I figured when I bought it that it might not be the most professional software but I was just looking for something to start off with.

I really don't know how to work any of this stuff, basically I'm looking to make simple mixtapes for people. Linking tracks and what not.

Im going to try to download that other one though and see how easy that is t work.

Thanks again.

M

Archived