'51 Squier FINALLY arrived!

GAS Man

• Members

After being in the wandering hands of UPS for 11 days my '51 Squier showed up today.:D

It's seems to be in good shape. It sure can be a bit on the bright side! Ouch! :eek: But I noticed the brightness backs off real quick with just a little decrease on the volume knob.

I imagine a new set of 10 gauge strings will also help.

Makes you wonder about getting a tone pot installed.

I did contact Fender about the white pg on blonde, and they said that was accidental and isn't happening anymore.

Fret edges are a hair on the sharp side, but I think that will be an easy enough fix since they aren't drawing blood or anything that drastic.

Mine had no little tools as other have commented. No booklet either. I figured out the 3-way rotary and coil tap switch by tapping a piece of metal against the poles and listening for the pops.

Sounds vintage w a lot of vibe! A little palm muting creates some cool vintage tones. I'll probably eventually succumb to upgrading the pups, but will enjoy as it for now.

Any recommendations on setting these up?

• Members

I miss the tone knob a bit myself, but then I think about how many times I've considered bypassing the tone pot on other guitars and figure that's one thing I don't have to consider w/ this guitar.
In regard to cganging the pickguard, no matter which pickguard you presently have, now that there's paint that actually adheres to plastic, I think I'm going to experiment with some colors.

Another site.

What do you think? Are you with me? Or am I unrealistic to consider painting the guard (wnen it's off the guitar, of course)?

• Members

Originally posted by Seeds

Did your's have the White or Black pickguard?

It has the black.

Like I mentioned above, a fender rep e-mailed me and said the white pg's on blonde were an early mistake. Most of those have already made it through the sytem into unfortunate hands. But Fender is offering to make it right for those who got a white pg when the black was pictured.

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

This is useless without pics!

:mad:

Mine won't ship till Friday as the sunburst is backordered. Oh well, no hurry.

Yeah, I'm useless, because I haven't got to that level of technology yet.

I bought the wiffy a digital camera last x-mas, and she is now using it to post online. I need to have her teach my remedial ass.

• Members

Originally posted by Highway_61

I miss the tone knob a bit myself, but then I think about how many times I've considered bypassing the tone pot on other guitars and figure that's one thing I don't have to consider w/ this guitar.

In regard to cganging the pickguard, no matter which pickguard you presently have, now that there's paint that actually adheres to plastic, I think I'm going to experiment with some

Another

What do you think? Are you with me? Or am I unrealistic to consider painting the guard (wnen it's off the guitar, of course)?

Well I don't know. That stuff worked well to turn my plastic black mail box into a white mail box. But I don't know how well it would stand up to pick scratching.

If you got a blonde with white pg, e-mail fender and they might make it black for you.

"I see a white guard and I want to paint it black - -"

Archived