This is a good deal dudes!

GAS Man

• Members

I bught one a while ago for $650 and was happy with that deal.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/517341/

They were selling them for $750 a while back, so this is the second price drop.

Very classic Rock sound when run through a good overdrive set up.

Good action and a very resonant guitar.

Plus I love its vintage vibe.

• Members
Originally posted by Godot

No neck pickup =
:(

This is my second guitar of this style. My first one is a Junior Special that has two P-100s. I didn't play that guitar too much because I was a bit so-so about its tone.

After having the guitar for a couple years, I discovered that playing only its bridge pickup through a tube screamer and into a Fender all-tube amp gave me an immediately recognizable classic rock tone.

Some people on this thread convinced me that the tone of the P-100 (a stacked humbucking P-90) did not have the same tone of the P-90, so I decided to give this Junior a try.

I actually find that the tone between the Junior Special and the Junior is about the same in that overdrive/bridge pup mode, but I still like this Junior better any way. For one thing, its action was set up a hell of a lot better than the Special was.

Point of my story is, where these guitars sound good, really is just in the bridge.

If you were a steller slide blues player you might miss the neck pup, but for neck tones, I think either a traditional HB guitar or a SC tele/strat neck tone is superior. IM(not so humble)O

"Fire wood"! For shame!

;)

Archived