Damn that UPS!

GAS Man

• Members

Once again, here I sat like a puppy in the window looking for the treat.

UPS was scheduled to deliver my two Fender black outs today (tele & showmaster).

But since it's almost 7:30 I guess it has been resheduled. Tracking site still says it's "out for delivery". (hope they're not on someone else's door step :eek:

My last UPS shipped order which came in this week took 10 days of shipping time for their "3-day select" and was rescheduled 2X.

So they are 0 for 2 on my recent orders for timely delivery. And this is the first time I've ever seen an "out for delivery" not happen on that day.

And they used to be sooo goood!

I've been having better luck with Fed EX recently.

I was also getting a little worked up reading about problems with these upon arrival, so I wanted to get that baggage out of my brain. A little tense when you order these for presents, at such a great deal, and they are also now discontinued. All gone, no more! :(

• Members
:o Am I red in the face.

UPS finally did arrive, but not until 8 PM. I've never had them show up that late before.

So my semi-apology to UPS. They delivered on the day it said, but it still MESSED WITH MY MIND MAN!:eek:

They are now 1 for 2, but man that was a late delivery!

So I pulled open both boxes and inspected the merchandise.

I could tell from the cardboard stop end pieces at the top and bottom of the boxes (which were pushed in and even torn a bit) that they had both taken some pretty severe handling. But I couldn't find a scratch.

Both need a set up, including truss rod adjustment, to get them dialed in right, but they both played out of the box (after tuning) with no problem.

Interesting, these also had a bit of the powdery look to the rosewood fretboards.

No fb markers (except the side) was a little surprising. I think I knew that when ordering, but I had to refocus on the side of the neck.

Anyway, thanks for the UPS empathy. I will review these axes in more detail a little later.

Archived