To build or not to build?

chu2

• Members

Hmm.

So i got this strat pickguard, all wired nice and stuff, and the question is, what to do with it?

I was considering taking a p-up out and putting it on my acoustic, but now that i look at it, wouldn't it be cool if i put together a little strat project?

hmmm.

I still need a neck and body, tho. Anyone interested in selling or giving one away?

What to do, what to do?

• Members

Originally posted by BowerR64

Why would you buy a pickguard with pickups if you dont have a guitar to put it in?
:confused:

Did you forget to take your meds today?

Its like buying an amp and not having an electric capable guitar, ain't it?

:D

My question is what are the pickups? That would influence my recommendation in a big way. Cheap {censored}, throw it out. Fralins....sell them or determine whether you want to buy a Strat to slap it in or build one. Personally I'd buy a MIM Standard from MF for $295 (after the email link discount for $50 and the $25 discount using HCRD as a coupon code at checkout) and upgrade as needed.

Oh wait....I did do that!

Strat.jpg

• Members

they look like those covered strat pickups that fender used in the 80's. NOt EMG's, though. Oh well, time to look for that body and neck...:) I mean, for a couple bucks, its worth a shot, right?

I'm actually kinda enjoying this parts hunt.

Archived