Have You Hugged Your '51s and Blackouts Today?

GAS Man

• Members

You may remember I bought one black tele and showmaster each for X-mas gifts for da boyz.

But the Showmaster particulary grew on me so I went back yesterday and order a blue one for myself. :D

They are supposed to get more blues in on 9/30, so I get to wait for Santy Claus again!:)

• Members

I freaking love my Squier '51. In fact, I have a question. People talk about it having Stratty tones, but I've never had a Strat (well, strat clone) that gave me the tones I'm getting from the 51. It's like I always heard those sounds (I get a Texas blues tone from the neck pup), but could never quite get them.
Do you think any of the Squier Strats would also get me these tones (the Black and Chrome, for example)? Because I want to hit that Squier discount before it's no more if it's going to get me some more of the tone fix I'm getting from the 51.
Does anyone have an opinion regarding this?
Thamk you!

• Members

Given that the Blackout is the newest member of the family it's getting all of the attention right now (especially since I just spent some time lowering the action).

The Strat is a little miffed that I am no longer trying to play as much heavy stuff with her as before but she's pretty content so long as she gets the blues. :)

My 6 string acoustic, is the old lady and is used to being left alone for extended periods of time but was happy with the 45 min she got today. :D

My 12 string acoustic is sitting in the corner pouting. She gets little attention at the best of times, though she is beautiful she's high maintaince (takes too damn long to tune :mad: ). She's particularly miffed that she got kicked off her centre stand and sent back to her room again (guitar case) since I only have 3 stands.

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Highway_61

I freaking love my Squier '51. In fact, I have a question. People talk about it having Stratty tones, but I've never had a Strat (well, strat clone) that gave me the tones I'm getting from the 51. It's like I always heard those sounds (I get a Texas blues tone from the neck pup), but could never quite get them.

Do you think any of the Squier Strats would also get me these tones (the Black and Chrome, for example)? Because I want to hit that Squier discount before it's no more if it's going to get me some more of the tone fix I'm getting from the 51.

Does anyone have an opinion regarding this?

Thamk you!

I think the tones are strat-like, but they are also edgier. A strat tone will have a little more of a chime and round glass tone, if that helps at all.

I put Texas Specials on one of my strats because I like the little additional edge in the mids.

Archived