24 Katrina Raffle Tickets Left. View Letter from Salvation Army

• Members

Hello,

There are 13 Katrina raffle tickets left for the Ardmore Kit. Please purchase one if you haven't already for this important cause. You can view the 'thank you' letter from the Salvation Army regarding the first raffle proceeds on my site www.guytronix.com There is also a pic of the 1st Raffle winner, smiling with his delivered Gilmore Jr Kit, 1/2 Watt mod and Head Enclosure. Thanks for your generosity.

• Members

Richard,

Thanks for administering this, and for giving us the opportunity to win.

I read your anecdote about the Salvation Army refusing to draw the winning raffle ticket, condeming this as gambling (but not refusing the check!).

The Salvation Army is certainly a worthy charity, but maybe in the future other organizations (America's Second Harvest, or even the Red Cross) may be more accepting and appropriate.

• Members

I only mentioned that the Salvation Army would not 'pull' the winning ticket since I initially planned and said that they would (without getting their OK first). Now I know their stand on gambling. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. They will apply the checks to good use for those who lost everything. The Salvation Army is most appropriate in my view. Donations to any Charity for Katrina Relief is wonderful.

There are still 13 raffle tickets left ;^)

Archived