How much should I be able to get for Strat

robt57

• Members

Need to get a PC for my son, so...

This is a Hot Rodded American Series w/ the stock Texas Specials.

It is 1-11/16" at the nut and about prfect condition, with one surface only buckle mark on the back.

It has the original Black Square Fender HSC in perfect condition as well.

I was thinking being it is next to perfect I should be able to get $750.00, opinions?

Thanks

97Strat.JPG

• Members

I'll let others comment on value, but I surely wouldn't use the comment about the aging body if its a '97 model.

Its only 8 years old, makes it look like your trying to beef it up. It isn't aging. Wood from that stock was also used in making '98, '99' and beyond. If it were a '63, '78 or so, I'd believe ya

• Members

Originally posted by seaofstrings

I'll let others comment on value, but I surely wouldn't use the comment about the aging body if its a '97 model.

Its only 8 years old, makes it look like your trying to beef it up. It isn't aging. Wood from that stock was also used in making '98, '99' and beyond. If it were a '63, '78 or so, I'd believe ya

Thanks,

I meant the finish is aging actually. It is dis-coloring really nicely IMO. It is yellowing I guess I mean.

• Members

Those are what we called the "Roadhouse" Strats, before the newer American Series came out.. After that they were renamed the "Texas Special" Strat...

I have a couple of them right now, shown below..

Like everything else the price will depend on supply and demand, but most are currently going for $600 - $625...

roadhouse.jpg

2002roadhouse2.jpg

• Members

$600 sounds about right to me...keep the guitar and buy the parts from newegg.com and build your son a great computer for about $350.

The lastest machine I've built was about $2K (built for video editing/media production). I was quoted over $5K for the same specs from Dell, Gateway, and Alienware, despite them cutting many corners in the components. I built a better machine with no corners cut for less than half the price.

I'll be putting together an inexpensive yet sturdy machine for the kids sometime early next year to replace the hand-me-down they've outgrown.

~Blackbelt

• Members

600 ish, is that with the case. Maybe I should sell them seperately. Maybe I should tkae it apart seeing what the steel trems AS bodies and necks go for seperately.

Thansk Blackbelt gong to go look at newegg.com now. I did intend to build it, I want to do a pretty high end game machine.

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

I built mine from newegg. Get a high end Asus board and overclock the {censored} out of it! My 2.4C is at 3.2Ghz.
:D

And I've got 1.17TB of Hard Drive Space.
:eek:

Any Special fan on the CPU? And or refrig case fan etc to clock it that high ?

• Members

Computers devalue almost instantly. Your guitar doesn't. I would find a used or older model computer for dirt cheap that will still run fine and keep your guitar. I'm using a celeron processor at maybe 1.8 gigahertz which is way outdated, but unless you're a hardcore gamer or a CAD or graphic artist, anything more is probably overkill. You could probably buy a computer comparable to what I'm using for $150 - 200. Tube type monitors are dirt cheap as everyone want's flat panel, so you should be able to find a deal there.

Archived