Windoze ? fur ya?

• Members

Hey guys...

I've finally had some time to work more on my DAW for the studio. This AMD 3500+ rawks... Running Nuendo 3 and GS3 on the same system via rewire. I have the c: a 30 giger ata 133 and a dual raid 0 recording audio on a pci raid card 60 gigs. And onboard promise raid 0 sata 300 seagate drives for samples for GS3.... All this runs stable, though I do notice better performance from my PCI raid card then my onboard raid.

Anywho 2 questions. For some dumb reason I have a partition on my c: drive that cuts me down to 18gigs only of the 30 available.

Now the complicated crap. All hard drives are set to dynamic mode. and if I use windoze Admin tools it says it can't extend my volume! So I'd have to delete the 2 volumes, one being my system drive! F^ckin R%uggin raggin! I've downloaded Partition Magic demo and Acronis Drive keeper and seems like they don't have support for dynamic disks...

Man do I have to reinstall everything again???

Please say no!! Please

And the onboard raid? do you guys find better performance from a pci card then onboard?

Thanks

Brian :(

• Members

If i understand you correctly, you have a physical drive that is 30 gigs, but only showing 18, and then 12 as unpartitioned or something else? If so you're pretty much stuck. You're going to have to format the physical drive. Put in your Win disk, delete all the partitions so it's raw unpartitioned space, and format the whole thing.

If you're not worried about it being one big drive, you can set up the last 12GB as a seperate logical drive. Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management. If I remember correctly, you can right click on that unformatted partition and choose to format it and it will then show up as as another drive.

• Members

Well I had done a Acronis Image of the C: drive with just windows loaded, like a fresh install. So I grabbed a new HD and imaged that file back. Windows was back in less then 5 minutes. So I just reloaded a bunch of crap, and when I was reloading BFD I assumed I could just install the program and assumed the "Data" files were on my sample drive! Well if I didn't put the Data files "9 gigs" on my OS drive the last time..

Anywho, I've restored everything up, All my serials etc. Took 2 hours, and tonight I'm going to do an imagine with everything loaded!

I left my old drive with everything loaded as well... I could hook it up, unload BFD and have a great back yet again!

Later...

The BriGuy

:p

Archived