Agile Doubleneck Pics

slide_blues

• Members

Got my Agile doubleneck yesterday, thought I'd share some pics and a mini review. Sorry for the semi crappy photo quality. I bought this strictly for slide playing - one open tuning for each neck - open E for the 6, open G for the 12.

Workmanship is pretty good, there are a couple of finish flaws where the neck joins the body, and a small "crack" in the finish on the back of the 12 string neck. See blue arrows in pics. Action was great out of the box for the 12, the 6 was on the high side. I dialed it down a bit, but for slide it's actually right on the money.

Pickups sound OK, I may replace later. Finish looks great despite a few flaws. It's neck heavy (no surprise there), but I'll be getting a wider strap that should help. Tuners are fine (grovers). Nut is plastic, I think. Case is nice, but the latches are not the good locking type.

Overall for $499 with case I'm happy. Edit: Oh, yeah, Rondo is great to deal with, super fast shipping, professional packing job.

doubleneck%20in%20case.jpg

doubleneck%20neck%20crack.jpg

doubleneck%20neck%20flaws.jpg

doubleneck%20necks.jpg

doubleneck%20back.jpg

doubleneck%20tuners.jpg

doubleneck%20body%20from%20side.jpg

doubleneck%20body%20in%20case.jpg

doubleneck%20body.jpg

doubleneck%20headstocks.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by timmy210

I'd pick one up if I had the slightest clue on how to play a 12 string
:p

It's not as hard as you might think. Arpeggios and classical stuff is one thing but for strumming, single note runs, and rhythm work it's no biggie at all to pick it up.

• Members
Originally posted by jrfan

My back aches just looking at that thing.
:eek:
Congrats:)

Thanks. Actually it's not too bad (12.5 lbs.). My bass player bought one of those clear acrylic basses from "love is music" on ebay and that thing is like 14 lbs.

Then again, I wouldn't want it as my main guitar all night long. I did get a wide leather strap which tames the neck heavy-ness. It's kind of a weird feel to have the 12 so close to your face and the 6 down low. Pickups are really just fine for what I'm using it for, probably won't upgrade any time soon.

It's an odd beast, but great to have open G and E right there ready to go. The 12 is a really cool "delta" sound in open G. Think Zep's version of Travelling Riverside Blues, and When the Levee Breaks (original key was G then they slowed the tape down to F, I think).

I work as a teacher and the kids just freak out when they see it. One of those "double guitars" as Otto would say.

Archived