My New Agile PS-1000! PICS!

flaming turd

• Members

i bought a fender blackout tele in the blowout, and i liked it alot, the way it sounded and played was great. but, i didn't like color, so i sold it on the bay and made 100 bucks.:) then i took that money and bought this:Picture005.jpgPicture003.jpgf6485278.jpg

it plays good, sounds great (i think i'm going to have a hard time justifying replaceing the pickups).

i am going to take it in today to have it professionally setup. i've never done this before, i there anything that i should ask or tell them specifically?

anyway, i think it's a pretty nice guitar.9b38f63c.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by dughaze

That is nice. Any other guitar you think it sounds like? a PRS? a Les Paul? I banez something or other?

well, i've only got a les paul to compare it ot, and i think it sounds brighter than that.

the pickup in the bride sounds similar to the pg that was in that tele.

• Members

Originally posted by flaming turd

no. i always set it up myself, but i'm gonna see how good they can do it.

agiles can be squirrely to set up. i do my own setups too, but i had to take mine to the Pro because the frets were so janky I couldn't get it right. they had to be dressed OTB.

• Members

Originally posted by the russ

agiles can be squirrely to set up. i do my own setups too, but i had to take mine to the Pro because the frets were so janky I couldn't get it right. they had to be dressed OTB.

the frets seem fine to me, but i'm not sure what to look for. they seem level.

• Members

I'm curious about the neck profile and what kind of string height you can get it down to.

I had a ps900 and couldn't get the action down below 5/64 on the high e without buzz and fret out.

I really liked the guitar but returned it.

Might have just been the one I recieved.:(

• Members

Originally posted by the russ

That's exactly the problem with the one I had.

I took it to my luthier and she said it wasn't worth the expense

to make play right.

www.fretnotguitarrepair.com

• Members

Originally posted by jrfan

That's exactly the problem with the one I had.

I took it to my luthier and she said it wasn't worth the expense

to make play right.

www.fretnotguitarrepair.com

the neck is one of the hardest things to get right on an instrument, and it is also the most important factor in playability. if the neck joint is {censored}ed up, if the neck wood is flawed, if the frets don't sit right, etc., you've got an instrument that plays like crap. And it is ultimately because the strings and frets aren't interacting as they should because of defects in the materials and/or workmanship.

as is commonly found with cheap guitars :eek:

gasp!

the problems are fixable, but often only with a refret. and a refret, while being a semi-routine repair in and of itself, totals the cost of the instrument. at which point you either live with the problems, sell the guitar on eBay or HC while gushing about how it's a Gibson-killer, or throw the guitar away :D

Archived