L.R. Baggs T-Bridge on my Epi G310?

thevoice

• Members

Hey all,

I ordered an L.R. Baggs T-Bridge from StewMac for a project involving my Epiphone G310 but I didn't realize at the time that there are different sizes for the bridge pins on which the bridge sits. My Epi has larger radius pins than the holes in the T-Bridge and the pins provided with the T-Bridge do not fit in to the threaded holes on the guitar body where the existing pins are. My question is, is there any way I can use this bridge with this guitar? Does anyone sell smaller radius pins that fit in to the larger threaded holes on the Epiphone? The pin spacing lines up perfectly.. it's just the size of the pins holding me back.

Does anyone have any ideas? or am I SOL?

• Members

Try these conversion posts from Stewart Macdonald (and probably elsewhere).

I was going to get the LR Baggs, but because they only came with the smaller post holes I had to go with the Graphtechs (which have a version just about every possible guitar bridge out there).

I thought about the conversion posts for mine, but they didn't come in gold, so I went with the Graphtechs.

If yours is silver/chrome/nickel the above should do the trick. (You should also double check the post hole separation/width too, because it is VERY hard to change that).

You can see what I had to go through to get mine installed here. It would have been so much easier if either LR Baggs came with larger metric posts or if the Graphtech saddles were conductive. Anyway, I'm very happy with the results. :D

cheers,
pw

• Members

There are inserts for the new bridge, but the holes from my current inserts are way too big for those ones to fit since it uses the large posts. I think I'm going to have to go with the conversion posts, or return this system and get the graphtech one.

Archived