My MIM strat rocks

fuzzball

• Members

Man, I bought a used MIM strat a little while ago, then I had american strat pickups added and it is awaome! I think it smokes most of the american strats I have tried, and beats all of the highway cheapos.

This guitar has great blues tone, and it can shred.:D

I just wanted to share my joy.:cool:

• Members

I hate to hijack a thread, but I've seen several people mention the Highway 1 as being less than a good guitar ... I'm just curious, is there a body of HC wisdom that says that guitar sucks. It looks to me like an American made Strat with vintage hardware and a "thin matte finish." I don't know much about the pups.

I'd appreciate hearing about it - isn't a good guitar, an OK guitar, or a crappy guitar.

• Members

I tested many Highway 1 guitars, but to be honest they did not feel as solid and they did not sound as good as I hoped they would (I considered getting one).

I was much happier buying a used MIM strat and adding Fender american made pickups (I don't know what year they were from).

Here is a pic, the guitar is more purple than the picture leads you to believe.

stratclose.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzball

I tested many Highway 1 guitars, but to be honest they did not feel as solid and they did not sound as good as I hoped they would (I considered getting one).

I was much happier buying a used MIM strat and adding Fender american made pickups (I don't know what year they were from).

Here is a pic, the guitar is more purple than the picture leads you to believe.

stratclose.jpg

That looks to be the same color as mine it looks purple under artificial lighting cool.image.asp?id_=13262742

• Members

I've played quite a few strats at quite a few different stores. My opinion is that there are great strats at all the levels... MIM, HW1, MIA. I also happened to find a great MIM that played and was put together great. I put a set of Van Zandt Vintage Plus pickups in, and I've got a killer strat at a great price. Congrats on yours, too.

• Members

Originally posted by seaofstrings

I prefer MIM necks over USA myself.

I saw an article somewhere about Fender's factory in Mexico, declares that they produce almost every part of their instruments except necks - their production is still in Corona. I can't remember the source, so maybe I,m wrong. If I am, please correct me.

I like MIM's a lot, congratulations!

• Members

well, ive tried a lot of highway 1's back when i was about to get a tele or white strat.

more often then not, they buzzed like crazy, i hate that. can that be fixed? im sure it can, but why should i have to when everytime I pick up a 52 reissue tele, that thing plays perfectly. you couldnt even get it to buzz if you wanted to, thats how they roll.

thats why the highway 1's and even the american standards piss me off. 900 dollars nowadays, to pick up a guitar that buzzes quite a bit? no thanks.

Archived