What's with ebay???

chiro972

• Members

I am trying to find a tele neck to replace the one on my current tele and I can't believe the prices those things get up to on ebay. Why would someone pay $350 and up for an american tele neck?? Those things never seem to work like a typical auction where the price stays stable and then goes up at the last minute. They just keep climbing and climbing.

Are the sellers having someone run the auction prices up? Or is someone out there buying these necks to put on a non fender body and then try to pass it off as an american tele?

I just don't see how they can consistently go for that much.

• Members

Originally posted by chiro972

I am trying to find a tele neck to replace the one on my current tele and I can't believe the prices those things get up to on ebay. Why would someone pay $350 and up for an american tele neck??

I just don't see how they can consistently go for that much.

I don't think it's quite that bad ($350+), but it's just a matter of supply and demand...

There are aftermarket necks available, but some people with Fender USA Strats and Teles want nothing less than a Fender USA replacement neck.

Places like Reliable Fender always have a bunch of Fender USA necks up for auction, both new and used. Looks like the average starting bid for a Fender USA Tele neck is around $190.

They also have a brand new 2005 Fender USA Tele neck with a BIN price of $299. Serial Number Z5142068, stamped August 17, 2005.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7361231514

Archived