Anyone know where to get trem part?

Moveable Beast

• Members

I'm moving my American Standard 2-point trem to a new guitar body, but the new body doesn't have the wood anchors for the pivot screws. Anyone have an idea of where I can get these?

I've checked Allparts and Stewmac but neither had them. I can't find a place to e-mail on the Fender site or I'd have asked them.

• Members

Are you going to be using the old body?

If not, you could probably get the studs out with a little inginuity.

All you'd really need is a about 1/2" thick block of wood with a hole through the middle big enough for the stud to go through, a bolt with the same thread size as the studs that's long enough to go through the wood and at least 1/2 way into the studs, and a large washer.

Put the washer on the bolt, put the bolt through the wood, and then screw it in. The studs should pop out pretty easily.

I wouldn't do that if you're planning on selling or using the body for something else though, because it's possible that the studs would chip out the wood, or at least the finish around them.

• Members

I did pretty much the same with some Floyd Rose pivot studs - I've got an old pair of worn out posts that I screw into the studs and then just pull them out with a clawhammer or pliers.

Failing that, buy a new pair off ebay.

Archived