Guitar stands for Nitro guitars

randballen

• Members

Hate to ask because I am sure that this can be found by searching this forum, but the search tool is not working for me. Anyway, what can be done to protect my Nitro finished Strat from the foam covering of an Excel guitar stand. What material is best used to cover the foam and protect the finish?

Thanks!

• Members

Thanks JC. I have covered the foam with cloth. Makes it a bit unstable in the stand as the cloth doesn't "grab" the guitar surface the way the foam does, bit it does hold it. Any chance the "chemical reaction" can occur through the cloth? I guess this is my main concern.

• Members

I think a classy way to do it would be to sew up some tubes out of black velvet material.

Just sew them up inside out, and then fip them right side out for a nice taylored appearance.

If you've got a Martha Stewart somewhere in your life, "it's a good thing".

I have not had problems with one of my guitars that I believe is nitro, but I have a new Martin that I'm keeping in its case until I find a proper wood stand.

• Members

I have not done anything about mine yet, but I was thinking about wrapping the foam parts with medical tape. That stuff is supposed to not cause any type of reaction with people, so I figure the material must be pretty neutral. The stuff also is hard as heck to pull off, so it should stick pretty well to the foam.

Anyone have any idea if that tape would be OK?

Archived