So I'm at Guitar Center yesterday..

K3Fallout

• Members

Why? I don't know. Anyhow I just went there to get some strings/picks,the usual things. Anyhow, I was lucky that day because I didn't have the scenario where they would play the guitar for you and ask you how you like it. So I'm there and try out the PRS Santana SE. For me,I loved it but it seemed really small compared to my fatstrat and it's damned lighter than my strat. Almost felt as if it was a toy. A 400$ toy. Anyhow, right now I need to complete my GAS List and so far for guitars all I can think of is either that PRS,or a used LP Studio or SG Standard. I still need some decision for an amp,like a Marshall stack of some sort. So help me out here,people.

• Members

I have a PRS Santana SE, first edition (no pickguard), and consensus seems to be that is the one to get (you can find them on eBay, etc.). I also happened to get mine used at GC for $300.

It has a truly fantastic neck, better than most LP models I've played up to the US Customs, and can hold it's own with those. Just a very solid assembly, which is noticeable in the resonance and terrific sustain. I would also vouch for the electronics, very very nice for stock pups.

it's quite light, and can create a beautiful chime or a woody jazz tone. In short, a terrific all around guitar.

The problem is, the thing is greener than Kermit's balls. it looks horrid, even though there's nice translucence and wood grain, etc.
This ain't winning any beauty contests.

• Members

Ok,since my other thread is going to good, I have decided on a humbucker already.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/dr180vihublo.html

They have a decently priced pearl h/s/s pickguard there too so I will just pick that up. I have to decide on Single coils now...
You think a graphite trem nut and graphtech saddles are a good idea? Never heard of Callaham..link?

EDIT: Actually right now I was thinking of a Wilkinson bridge, but those are considered "Vintage" which i don't exactly understand the meaning. I keep hearing "fixed" bridges..not sure where to find that. Note, I also plan to use the trem alot so I'm guessing locking tuners or something would be good?

• Members

wow. Anyhow..how to explain this..is it possible to get the trem block and install that with a Wilkinson bridge..? I don't even know how to explain.

EDIT: Well I don't really know what to do when it comes to the bridge. I want to get graphtech saddles, yet the callaham trem block and the wilkinson bridge..or those "fixed bridges" i keep hearing about.

• Members

Originally posted by K3Fallout

Why? I don't know. Anyhow I just went there to get some strings/picks,the usual things. Anyhow, I was lucky that day because I didn't have the scenario where they would play the guitar for you and ask you how you like it. So I'm there and try out the PRS Santana SE. For me,I loved it but it seemed really small compared to my fatstrat and it's damned lighter than my strat. Almost felt as if it was a toy. A 400$ toy. Anyhow, right now I need to complete my GAS List and so far for guitars all I can think of is either that PRS,or a used LP Studio or SG Standard. I still need some decision for an amp,like a Marshall stack of some sort. So help me out here,people.

well your strat is 25.5 scale and these are 24 3/4 scale so maybe thats why it felt "small" to you?

Archived