Uh, did anyone else get sent an Elitist Standard Plus by mistake?

Sparky6string

• Members

Couldn't believe what I saw when I opened her up.

DSC00051B.jpg

One with Chump, the devil kitty.

DSC00049B.jpg

I know, the pics are bad. I'll try to get better ones soon. It weighs around 8 lbs, resonates like crazy and has a 60's neck. I'd prefer the thick 50's neck but I'll get used to it. Action is really low and it flys. Haven't played it too much yet but I will. :D:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

Wow! I hope they made the same mistake with my Honey Burst. Mine arrives Monday. Are you sure it's a Plus not just a flamey Standard. The second pic doesn't look very flamed especially on the left side. Are the serial numbers showing it to be a Plus?

The pics don't really do it justice. The whole top is pretty flamey. How do I look up the serial numbers anyway?

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

That's some really nice figuring there dude. You scored!!

Whether it's an accidental "Plus" or just a particulary nice top, you definitely scored.

Give it to me!!

It doesn't really matter to me if it's the Plus or not actually. Has anyone else seen a regular Standard with any kind of flame though? The Plus' only have a 2A top anyway right?

With the Honeyburst I think a milder flame is best. Serious flame might be like putting racing stripes on a Desoto.

• Members
Originally posted by Sparky6string

It doesn't really matter to me if it's the Plus or not actually. Has anyone else seen a regular Standard with any kind of flame though? The Plus' only have a 2A top anyway right?

With the Honeyburst I think a milder flame is best. Serious flame might be like putting racing stripes on a Desoto.

Nope, The grain lines on mine are a bit swirly, but they run more up and down and not horizontal (flaming) like yours.

CherryBurst001.jpg

• Members

Right, but markas asked if the serial number showed it to be a Plus. I didn't know if Plus' had serial numbers that identify them as such.

Nah, one and the same.

I'm not sure if yours is a plus or not. Whats the box say? That will be the de facto answer.

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

Nah, one and the same.

I'm not sure if yours is a plus or not. Whats the box say? That will be the de facto answer.

Well it would be, but the box was not sealed. I prefer to think of it as a Standard actually. When I get better pictures of it we'll see what the concensus is. The flame probably isn't quite as apparent as other Plus' I've see, so maybe they felt it didn't quite warrant Plus status and sold it as a Standard. Whatever the case, I'm very happy with it's visage. :)

• Members

Well it would be, but the box was not sealed. I prefer to think of it as a Standard actually. When I get better pictures of it we'll see what the concensus is. The flame probably isn't quite as apparent as other Plus' I've see, so maybe they felt it didn't quite warrant Plus status and sold it as a Standard. Whatever the case, I'm very happy with it's visage.
:)

None of them are "sealed" per say.

I had a feeling it was a Standard with some flame as it wasn't that flamey. Still nice and still you scored! When you want a 50's neck, holler and we'll swap. :D LOL

• Members

None of them are "sealed" per say.

I had a feeling it was a Standard with some flame as it wasn't that flamey. Still nice and still you scored! When you want a 50's neck, holler and we'll swap.
:D
LOL

I'd trade you necks if I could. I'm sure I'll get used to this one though. My Revolver has an ultra thin neck on it and I like it fine.

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

Yeah but even as a Standard, or especially as a Standard, that is a killer top. I hope mine is even close to that one. How's everything else on that. Action, fit, finish? Tone?

Thanks bro. Action fit and finish are perfect. I can tell they were serious when they set it up. The stock pickups are a little different to me since I'm used to PAF style. If I can't get used to them I'll get some High Order PAFs.

• Members

Serial is pretty obvious.

F2= 2002

F3= 2003

F4= 2004

F5= 2005

sorry, noob question again. My guitar is F201734 making it a 2002 Elite model. How do I know which style neck I have? It is pretty thick though I really love how it feels. The contour on the backside feels so natural

• Members

Originally posted by 70 Cam Guy

sorry, noob question again. My guitar is F201734 making it a 2002 Elite model. How do I know which style neck I have? It is pretty thick though I really love how it feels. The contour on the backside feels so natural

If its thin then its a 60's

Medium = 59

Thick = 50's

Archived