Worth a listen, Bonamassa

robt57

• Members

Joe is an amazing player, one of my favorites...saw him at a little bar (less than 150 people) bar in DC last spring. Seemed like a really cool guy too..after the show he and the band just milled around the audience chatting and signing autographs.

One thing that I thought was really cool though...before the show, there was a young girl (12 or 13 i'd guess) that wanted to interview him for a school project. He let her do it too. She had a video camera that her dad was operating while she asked the questions. After the interview he signed a pickguard that she had brought with her.

And finally...since it was a small club...his rack of guitars was just sitting there out in the open. After the show...I just gawked at them for 10 minutes or so....beautiful gear.

• Members

That live album is amazing, but his other stuff pales by comparison. Sure there are isolated good songs on his studio records, but they dont hold a candle to A New Day Yesterday Live. I thought he was the second coming after hearing that album, and i bought ever album that he has out, but the magic just aint there (IMO of course).

• Members

Originally posted by Pig Vomit

That live album is amazing, but his other stuff pales by comparison. Sure there are isolated good songs on his studio records, but they dont hold a candle to A New Day Yesterday Live. I thought he was the second coming after hearing that album, and i bought ever album that he has out, but the magic just aint there (IMO of course).

Yea, it seems obvious he shines live...

• Members

FYI - Joe Bonamassa also put out an album when he was much younger - a disc called "Bloodlines" which included the sons of Berry Oakley, Miles Davis, Robby Krieger, etc.. Amazing disc- I believe it may be out of print. I think the video that this thread opened with at the beginning was a bonus DVD in the "So It's Like That" CD.

Archived