Replacement Necks w/ss frets

aerorockjax

• Members
Originally posted by aerorockjax

I noticed this company sells replacement necks with variety in scales, neck shapes, various fret sizes, and stainless steel frets...

http://edenhaus.com/Necks.htm

Anyone know these necks compare with warmoth?

Actually I've seen good & bad work from them, they're actually less consistent than Warmoth and charge more to boot!

Check-out their prices, $95 upcharge for SS frets compared to Warmoth's $20 upcharge and they are upfront about their necks needing additional fretwork on the buyers end...

:rolleyes:

Warmoth occassionally needs touch-up, but USACG necks are good to go out of the box!

• Members

Just found out mighty might is gonna offer stainless steel frets on their necks for $20. Obviously they don't have the huge variety of options like warmoth but if they do have quality necks its great they are offering ss frets. Should be available within a few months.

• Members
Originally posted by aerorockjax

Just found out mighty might is gonna offer stainless steel frets on their necks for $20. Obviously they don't have the huge variety of options like warmoth but if they do have quality necks its great they are offering ss frets. Should be available within a few months.

That's good news!

Looks like someones waking up :p

• Members

i want to add that if you get a maple neck with ss frets and get the neck finished, you'll have to take the finish off the frets.

i bought a birdseye maple tele neck from warmoth with ss frets. i had them put a vintage gloss finish on it. it was a bear to trim the finish off the frets. it sounded terrible till i did it.

if i would've known they completely finish frets and all with the gloss, i would've went with a rosewood neck.

no problems on rosewood necks. thats the way to go. i love my ss frets

• Members
Originally posted by leftyjay

i want to add that if you get a maple neck with ss frets and get the neck finished, you'll have to take the finish off the frets.

i bought a birdseye maple tele neck from warmoth with ss frets. i had them put a vintage gloss finish on it. it was a bear to trim the finish off the frets. it sounded terrible till i did it.

if i would've known they completely finish frets and all with the gloss, i would've went with a rosewood neck.

no problems on rosewood necks. thats the way to go. i love my ss frets

Same here. Luckily I had clear satin finish applied, so it wasn't that bad.

This is a sweet looking rosewood board, though:

70neck.jpg

Archived