Help me find a new axe!!

cage77

• Members

So, I have found out that my wife has been secretly telling our entire family to get me gift certificates to Guitar Center for Christmas. (Yeah, I know, GC, but still, gift certificates are great!!). I figure I'll have between $500 - $1000 to spend and I don't know what I really want. I'm happy with my tone as is it is, so I thought I might go for a new axe. My main guitars are my '71 Gibson LP Custom, Gibson Hawk, Epiphone LP Custom, Ibanez SZ320, Peavey Generation Tele knock off, Fender acoustic 6 string, and an Epiphone Rock Bass.

I'm thinking of going in a different direction and have been looking at Ibanez RG's, BC Riches, Schecters, and other such things. As you can see, I don't own anything with a trem anymore, or anything that is considered "metal", "RAWK", or "BREWTAL". :D

So give me some ideas. Open my mind to something different. The wife likes me conservative at home, but she loves to see me on stage and wants me to look, oh..what is the term....RAWK:D

Thanks...

Brandon

• Members

I was thinking about a strat...maybe one of those new Big Block ones over at MF. The first guitar I ever bought was a '57 Jap RI in arctic white. Beautiful guitar after the plastic started to yellow. I regret selling it now....big time. However, I'm pretty cool with my single coil tones. Between the Peavey (the single coil tones made me buy it) and the coil splitting on the Ibanez, I'm pretty content.

Jimi sure did RAWK on those Strats tho...

Too bad in those days Mesa wasn't around....he would have been BREWTAL....

LOL....sorry...couldn't resist....

:D :D

Brandon

Archived