Quik Price Question

redman

• Members

An informational question

Have played acoustic for 30 yrs. I know all about pricing and buying acoustics. Is it the same for electric. I'm looking to add a cheap electric just to have around the house, do the same rules apply?

Let's say there is a Squire Affinity Fat Strat for $149 at GC. What would be a good starting point to offer?

• Members

Originally posted by redman

An informational question

Let's say there is a Squire Affinity Fat Strat for $149 at GC. What would be a good starting point to offer?

You can most definitely haggle at GC. Also, they'll try to stick you with a performance guarantee (about $30). Tell 'em you'll walk before you'll buy the useless guarantee.

I'd say on a $149 Squier, with it being the shopping season, you might be able to get them down to $119 if you have cash or plan to buy a gig bag and a few accessories. $99 if they happen to have one that's got a few floor dings in it.

~Blackbelt

• Members

You can usually take 30-40% off the MSRP on most musical gear, but it does depend on the manufacturer. Some have bigger markups than others.

The best suggestion I can make is to look for the guitar you want online and when you find the lowest price, print it off and take it with you to your local store. Most places will either match it, or at least try to stay competitive with their price.

Archived