So anyone with an Esp Ltd Mh-400...

TheRedAndBlack

• Members

I'm not looking to buy one but was surprised to see that there were absolutely none on ebay. I was actually just checking to see what the going price for these used were so if I decided to get it I would know for the future.

I heard someone say that they were on back order from ESP for a couple months. Anyone know why these are so popular/hard to come by?

• Members

Yeah, I actually ordered one from Musicians Friend in April this year.

They were never in stock, and every time the arrival date of more would come, MF would push the date back another month or so.

I got tired of it, and eventually too pissed off so in August I cancelled it and got an Ec-1000 in stock.

A friend of mine has also had an order for an Mh-400 since May, and he still hasn't gotten it, and the date for MF to get more is back to February.

• Members

I have a ESP/LTD 301. It's about 6 years old . I'm not sure if the 400 is the same but nwer but mine is a sweet axe. Neck thru mahogany with a maple quily, floyd and I put a Dimarzio tone zone and an air norton in. I hadn't thought about sellin but I may sell it.

• Members

I have an MH-400... And it *IS* in fact for sale. Great condition if you ignore dust and fingerprints. I haven't played the poor thing in months, I'm definitely a fixed bridge guy. No case, but I've got an Ibanez case that it fits in that I could throw in for the right price.

What are you looking to spend?

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

I have an MH-400... And it *IS* in fact for sale. Great condition if you ignore dust and fingerprints. I haven't played the poor thing in months, I'm definitely a fixed bridge guy. No case, but I've got an Ibanez case that it fits in that I could throw in for the right price.

What are you looking to spend?

Possibly up to $500 ehh. I know that's kindof cheap, and I'd understand you not going for it, but thats why I've been looking on Ebay. If around that would work, I'm in the position to get a job, and if you wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks for me, I'd love to have it.

• Members

If you could do around $500, that'd get you guitar, case, and shipping. I've only had one other person express any interest, although they didn't even want to spend that much, so...

I'd much rather sell it to someone on the forums as opposed to putting it on eBay. If you're serious about it, I'll hold on to it for awhile.

• Members

I should note, though, that if the other guy actually gets back with me anytime soon he'd technically have first dibs. Even though you're willing to pay more. I wouldn't want to tell him "yeah man, take your time" and then sell it out from under him. That'd be a dick move.

But he just got another nice guitar, and now he's debating a new amp (have I given away his identity yet?), so I really don't expect him to buy it.

• Members

Well, it's a mahogany body with quilted maple top, 3 piece set-thru maple neck, rosewood fretboard, locking nut, Grover tuners, licensed Floyd Rose bridge, 24 frets, and a pair of EMG 81 pickups. The only difference I see between mine and the current version listed on ESP's site is that the newer ones have an 85 in the neck.

I really like the top on it. The blue looks fantastic. That was probably my mistake in buying it, because the fixed bridge version doesn't come in blue. If I'd bought the one with a fixed bridge I wouldn't be selling it. That'll teach me to buy a guitar based on looks.

If you'd like, PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics.

Archived