Wilkinson VS50K Tremolo/Vibrato

Gabs

• Members

hi,

thinking about a new guitar i wondered how Wilkinson VS50K is.

so the point is that i'd like the tone of free strings to be unchanged when i bend another one...

thanks for your help and i hope you know what i mean ;)

gabs

• Members

Originally posted by Gabs

hi,

thinking about a new guitar i wondered how Wilkinson VS50K is.

so the point is that i'd like the tone of free strings to be unchanged when i bend another one...

thanks for your help and i hope you know what i mean
;)

gabs

I know the trem but don't have a guitar with one. What i can tell you is whether the free strings stay in tune when bending depends on whether you have a fully floating trem or not (i.e. one that allows you to raise and lower pitch rather than just lower it). If the trem is not floating you wont have a problem with that (assuming the springs are tight enough to hold the trem to the body when bending).

• Members

Originally posted by Gabs

so it is depending on the guitar?

well... i just want to know if "cort g250" (standard) is what i want... may be it is easier to tell me that
;)
i'm sorry, i don't understand everything

thx

gabs

Googled the guitar; can't find whether the trem is floating or not. In practical terms i don't really find it matters much as if performing a bend when holding another string you'll naturally become used to bending the other string slightly to keep it in tune with the bend (it's what i do on my floating trem guitars).

Archived