Major Brands? Who needs 'em?

cincy_cosmo

• Members

After a long while being a Fender-only guy, I started migrating three years ago to other brands. First came the Parker Fly, then came a Brian Moore, a Brice bass, now a Fernandes is in the mail. During the whole time came (and went) a few Agiles and Sxs.

I have, without really consciously trying, dropped all my major brand guitars and gone to 'alternate' brands.

And it is cool!

You Fender and Gibby guys can kick the habit too!

• Members

Who needs them? I do. At the end of the day, I always seem to gravitate back to the "classics" even if I do enjoy different guitars from time to time.

Bottom line: fads come and go - see your own Agile remark - but classics remain. I don't see abandonning my Fenders anytime soon - nor do I see *why* I should, for that matter.

This said, there are certainly plenty of really cool axes to *also* enjoy...

• Members

I should add I have nothing against Fenders and Gibson. I had someone GASing over my Brian Moore at the end of a performance this weekend and we started talking guitars and he observed that I must hate major brands ( I don't ). It just occured to me how odd it is that I ended up buying non-major brands.

• Members

Like anything else, it's good to have choices. I never try to get hung up on the brand name of any of my guitars. I have to admit the guitars I play the most happen to be my Dean and my Swamp Ash Special -- both USA made guitars. Maybe I'm hung up on USA and just don't know it. Come to think of it, I like my USA Fender Strat a lot too.

Archived