Schecter C-1 Classic vs. Ibanez SZ720

guitardude24

• Members

So i've been doing a lot of changing in my guitar world...buying and selling amps and guitars...losing money on stupid impulse buys, etc...

So now with college in my future, i'm downsizing to only the needed gear. I'm selling my JSX head and I've sold my Avatar cab and a bunch of other things...

Basically, I have an OLP Petrucci as my main guitar, and it's ok...but what i really need is 1 real good guitar and my Cube 30

So, I've researched and played just about every guitar in my local shop and took notes on what i liked and didn't like...

So, it's all about what i need...I don't need a trem, so I'm opting for tuning stability and sustain, those are more important to me than dive bombs...also, i'm loving Duncan pups...they have that smooth solo tone that i just love, and can also handle pretty much every style i play...

BTW- i usually play rock ala Petrucci, Satriani, Tremonti, etc...minus the tricks...

Basically, I have it narrowed down to there 2 guitars...My price range is under $700

The Schecter C-1 Classic

c1_classic_3tsb.jpg

and

The Ibanez SZ720

SZ720FMTG.jpg

Anyone with thoughts or suggestions, I really would love to ehar what you have to say...cash is a big factor for me...I'm also looking at the SZ520 cause it's cheaper...but i love the finish on the schecter...is it worth $700?

Thanks!

• Members

ya, basically i'm in love with the schecter...looks and features, but i haven't played one...i've played an Ibanez SZ520, but not a 720...same neck and stuff, just a different top and push/pull tone knob basically...

In general, the SZ felt good in my hands, the neck was fat, but i didn't mind that much...how can i compare the C-1's neck?

I doubt I'll be able to try a C-1 in my area...

Guest Anonymous

The C-1 has a 25.5" scale length, the SZ720 has a 25.1" scale length. The 2006 SZ720's may have a different inlay than the flaming vaginas found on the 2004/2005 models. If the pictures I've seen are correct, the new inlays will be more preferable to most people.

I have a 2004 SZ720--it's my favorite guitar. I tried to cop an attitude on it because it was made in Korea, so I left it sitting in the corner for six months without playing it much, but the more I played it, the more I liked it.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitslingerTim

The C-1 has a 25.5" scale length, the SZ720 has a 25.1" scale length. The 2006 SZ720's may have a different inlay than the flaming vaginas found on the 2004/2005 models. If the pictures I've seen are correct, the new inlays will be more preferable to most people.

I have a 2004 SZ720--it's my favorite guitar. I tried to cop an attitude on it because it was made in Korea, so I left it sitting in the corner for six months without playing it much, but the more I played it, the more I liked it.

Can you show a picture of the new inlay? Not taht the looks are the most important thing...but they are important

Archived