Received my Elitist LP Standard Plus from MF today...

Dean Medlock

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Dean Medlock

I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and keep it. The guitar plays great and isn't a boat anchor, and those were the deciding factors.

Thats what I would've done considering those factors! Also that imperfection is a sign of true wood rather than a cheapo veneer isn't it? :D

• Members

Originally posted by Darkburst

I think that's a nice looking top even with the mineral streak. Even 'real' Gibsons sometimes have mineral streaks, flecks, birdseye or odd figure.

So do PRSs I paid over $2,000 for a Custom 22 with birds and it had those streaks too. The funnly thing was (maybe it was the color) the streaks looked cool and it was the best playing and sounding out of the bunch I tried.

Call MF, they will give you back a few bucks.

• Members

Originally posted by Dean Medlock

I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and keep it. The guitar plays great and isn't a boat anchor, and those were the deciding factors.

chump.

imperfections in wood are one thing, but that is hideous - looks like {censored} stains made by a hampster dragging his ass across the top.

did you pay for a screwed up finish or did you pay for a great finish? be a man and DEMAND that the company deliver what it promised, not some crappy half-assed POS. send it back, and keep returning every axe they send you until they send you one that stands up to the hype of what they promised. would you settle for such flaws in a steak, or hash marks in cheese or some discoloration in your milk? of course not. and those things are only a few bucks, this guitar is $800 and you're settling for flaws that you would reject in something that was $2. chump.

• Members

Originally posted by whoop

chump.

imperfections in wood are one thing, but that is hideous - looks like {censored} stains made by a hampster dragging his ass across the top.

did you pay for a screwed up finish or did you pay for a great finish? be a man and DEMAND that the company deliver what it promised, not some crappy half-assed POS. send it back, and keep returning every axe they send you until they send you one that stands up to the hype of what they promised. would you settle for such flaws in a steak, or hash marks in cheese or some discoloration in your milk? of course not. and those things are only a few bucks, this guitar is $800 and you're settling for flaws that you would reject in something that was $2. chump.

:eek: damn dude take a breath and count to 10

:rolleyes: @ name calling. You obviously don't know Dean

Read a little closer and he said they were already out of stock. They might get a new batch in a couple weeks and then it's a crap shoot that he'll get one that's such a good player or isn't a boat anchor.

A little advice, going after customer service like that won't get you anywhere. The trick is making them want to help you

• Members
Originally posted by whoop

chump.

Oh boy...a brand new troll.....WELCOME.........now sit down and STFU.:wave:

• Members

When I first looked at your pics I thought it looked bad, like cellulite...

Now, as I gaze upon them again, it looks as if those weird grains are more dispersed throughout the whole top. I think it adds charactor, but if it's going to bother you, totally send it back.

Archived