BEST place to refinish/repaint guitars, price is no question??

homestar

• Members

i want to repaint a telecaster...i'm thinking white with a black pickguard. story? my tele was stolen and i found an exact replacement, but i'm not fond of natural wood...anyway, price is no question, i want it to look as good or BETTER than factory!

• Members

look for Shovelhead here in the forum. He has done some amazing stuff with refinishes both of his own and also other forumites. I was talking with him about doing a buds Tele and Shovel was very reasonable even though my friend 's guitar tech begged to do the refinish on his cannibalized '68 Tele. He did a really nice job but I don't think it was up to Shovel's standards.

I fell in love with a LP Gold Top he stripped to find a nice flame underneath and did a sweet yellow flame on it. He would get my vote!!!

• Members

here in town - talk to Brook May's South - see if someone there (Thierry if he's still around, or ask the repair guys) can put you in touch with Elaine - she used to work in the repair shop and is an awesome lady who does great work - she used to rebuild violins and guitars to give to kids

if you're looking at shipping it out, I've currently got a guitar at http://projectoneguitars.com/ and everything is going well so far

shovelhead's stuff looks great, too

Archived