Got my new elitist sg

Think And Know

• Members

As the title of the thread indicates, I recieved a new epiphone elitist sg in worn brown. It took 5 days to get delivered and it did come with a case.

P1270059.jpg

Then I opened the case (this is not actually when I first opened the case just a dramatization)

P1270060.jpg

"Wow that looks pretty" says I.

P1270061.jpg

That gave me a better look. Nice finish and the inlays are super nice with barely, if any filler at all.

P1270064.jpg

Then I flipped the guitar over.

P1270065.jpg

Looks pretty good from the distance I was looking at. Then something off caught my eye.

P1270068.jpg

Youch! That was a pretty big spoiler. I love the guitar sounds and the fit and finish are awesome, although I cant really enjoy it because Im sending it back soon. I dont want to scratch it at all or do anything so I can barely play it. The new one will arrive either thursday or friday. Heres to hoping this one turns out good. Oh also the body is 3 pieces. They did a pretty good job at disguising it but its obvious if you look close at it.

• Members

Yikes!

Good luck with the next one, and style points for the excellent use of drama / tension / resolution. The pics had that wonderful foreboding quality, like when my 18-month old grabs a full glass of whatever and totters away, and for a moment you think

"what the hell, he probably won't spill it"

and then seconds later I'm scrubbing apple jiuce off the tv.

And I wish you guys would stop posting pics of these sg's.

• Members

Hope the next one arrives safe and sound. My faded cherry Elitist arrived in one piece, the body is 3 piece as well. I wonder if all the faded versions don't come with a bookmatched (2 piece body)? I haven't found any Epiphone documentation on the faded Elitists so I'm not going to Call MF and say "it's supposed to be bookmatched". Nice guitar for $399.

• Members
Originally posted by DenverDave

Yoiks! Man that sucks! That is a beautiful guitar, and then to have that happen in transit!
:eek:

That did NOT happen in transit. It's in a case for christs sake. Lots of bad elitists coming through now adays. Must be the fact that everyone has one. There's always going to be more duds in a big crowd then a smaller crowd with the same ratio.

• Members

Gibson necks can suck that way. Any good luthier knows that when you have the truss rodd exiting at the headstock, you have to beef up that area with a volute (which is what they call that extra hunk of wood there. Feel lucky the break happened NOW and not 3 months after you bought it.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

Gibson necks can suck that way. Any good luthier knows that when you have the truss rodd exiting at the headstock, you have to beef up that area with a volute (which is what they call that extra hunk of wood there. Feel lucky the break happened NOW and not 3 months after you bought it.

That is very true and I was thinking about that a little after I was intially pissed about it.

Archived