help identify this pickup please (stacked bucker single size)

fishfartz

• Members

I found it at a local music store and watched the fella test it (while he was trying to talk me out of one of my cabs) and in bucker mode it read 12.5ish and in single mode it read 6.5ish.

it had these wires:

bare

red

white

green

black

a sticker underneath reads: 2 N Q

also the pup is stacked neatly with alot of coil on each stack, and potted so thick and smoothly, almost felt like a soft plastic coating around the stacks.

heres a before and after shot.

singlebucker.jpg

and here it is installed

Pics003.jpg

theres an updated slightly better image^

forgive the quality of pics, the camera is blurry and makes everything look dark (the pickguard is actually bright emerald green and the pup is maroon)

he said he thinks its a little older, but was not sure. its the first stacked pup ive ever had, and i was replacing a very mid-heavy but microphonic bucker - it worked wonders. very punchy but alot of clarity, even when really pushing the gain on the amp.

Im just curious what it is. I like to fool around with pups to find what I want out of a guitar. I love the stock seymour duncan alnico pro II staggered singles in the neck and middle - but the bridge was just too damned bright, even for a single. so ive been looking for a good bucker to replace the microphonic humbucker I had in the bridge, but found it in a single size pup. whatever it is I am digging it alot

• Members

anyone have any other ideas about this pups make?

I have searched the SD site, and the fella I got it from said he thinks he remembers it being an older SD but wasnt sure.

I like it alot and was just curious as to the model. it sure is quiet (grounded twice) and punchy and extremely potent with alot of frequency range.

thanks guys

• Members

bump for some help, maybe the weekday work crew will get here and chime in (you know who you are, spending your work day browsing guitar stuff on the net at the desk, riding the clock.... :) )

Im not lazy and have searched the net but cant find it, and usually this is the place to ask. ill find out in a week or so at a local store a friend owns, but thats a week away:(

Archived